Writing Prompt #1: In a hole in the ground lived a hobbit-The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien
This is the first post for a weekly segment I’m calling, First Lines Friday. Each week, I present the first lines from a novel as a writing prompt.
Several years ago, I was inspired by Mr. Tolkien to write a fantasy novel. Perhaps this year I will brush the dust off to edit it. In the meantime, I wrote a review of this wonderful epic novel. Please click here to read that review.
And, as always, if you have any remarks or wish to let me know what you think about what I’m doing, please do not hesitate to leave a comment below. Thank you and have a great day!
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (tracyconstantinereader.wordpress.com)
- The Hobbit: Film Review (xingu2.wordpress.com)
- Concerning The Hobbit | Stirring Trouble Internationally (stirringtrouble.wordpress.com)
- Review: The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien (thevictorianvanity.wordpress.com)
- An Unexpected Trilogy, Part One: Exactly How Big Is A Hobbit? (philadelphiareviewofbooks.com)
- Tolkien for Writers (bethwarstadt.com)
- Unfinished Tales By J.R.R. Tolkien (lilywight.com)
- Tolkien Week Post 4: The Collection (gracemakley.com)
- Straight Sets: Tolkien’s Path: Suffer Tennis Injury, Write ‘Hobbit’ (straightsets.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Tolkien the artist (guardian.co.uk)
- 6 Content Marketing Strategies Learned from The Hobbit (contentmarketinginstitute.com)